Bilingual incentive for early childhood educators
About the Program
ECECD (Early Childhood Education and Care Department) is supporting certified bilingual/multilingual early childhood educators with a one-time payment of $1,500. This one-time payment is available to all early childhood professionals who meet the requirements listed below.
The bilingual incentive payment is open to all early childhood educators who are currently working at a:
- New Mexico licensed or registered childcare setting;
- New Mexico Pre-K or Early Pre-K program in a community-based setting;
- New Mexico Pre-K or Early Pre-K program authorized by a public school or charter including Title I or 619 Preschool Program;
- New Mexico Head Start or Early Head Start program;
- state-funded New Mexico Home Visiting program;
- state-funded New Mexico Family Infant Toddler (FIT)-Early Intervention Program
If you are NOT a current ECECD Scholarship or Wage Supplement Applicant:
- click here to access the Payment Incentive application
- upload a copy of your bilingual certification document to your application
- upload a copy of your most recent paycheck stub
If you are a CURRENT ECECD Scholarship or Wage Supplement Applicants:
- upload a copy of your bilingual certification document directly to your scholarship or wage supplement application.
- Wage Supplement applicants can also attach their bilingual certification to one of their monthly qualifying reports
Bilingual Certification Documents
- We recognize ALL languages for the Bilingual Incentive Payment.
- Incentive payments are not limited to those who speak Spanish as their second language.
- Examples of second (and even third or more) languages include but are not limited to American Sign Language, Japanese, and Native Languages.
- One-time incentive payment is $1,500
- We must have a CNM W9 form on file to issue payment.
- You must upload a copy of your certification document that shows you are certified in a second (or third or more) language.
- Bilingual Certification documents include:
- passed PRAXIS-TESOL OR
- passed La Prueba OR
- bilingual seal on High School Diploma OR
- Tribal/Pueblo/Nation Certification for indigenous languages
- Other document showing proficiency
- If you have a different type of certification document not listed above, contact the ECECD Team for help